2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

Trek950 and rogi9188 like this.
  3. miamiparis

miamiparis Well-Known Member

This time it worked. Thank you !
  4. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

gotta thank you for the tut i was wrong about the method i used to turn off all data keeping it on 3g is really the way to go. its so helpful even when im being capped for going past my 2.5gig data limit atleast with 3g i get 300-490 kbps compared to 150max on 1x and capped 4g :D
  5. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Update my 3g has been getting stronger in the tampa bay area thanks to this tut i no longer have to worry about waiting for my new bill cycle to start again to get my 4g again, ill just switch to 3g and enjoy it in the mean while :D

[​IMG]
  6. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member

I've tried this but the 3g randomly disappears. Switching back to hybrid automatic I get 4g/3g but they cut out after awhile. Just reflashed #2_2.1. Will try this again.
  7. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

idk why but my any cut isnt working. I searched it on the play store and it didnt come up so i went into root explorer and went to app back ups then user apps and i had the apk for any cut there so i installed and when i try to make a shortcut it says "shortcut made" or whatever but when i go to my home screen theres not shortcut.. any thoughts on how to get the shortcut to show up?
  8. hippiegang

hippiegang Well-Known Member

When I pick activity on any cut it disentangle say a thing
  9. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

it stinks that the phone has to reboot so what you save in internet usage you lose when rebooting i used this on my indulge before and it does help a little
  10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

the best app to turn your 4 g off is powermax its free and there's a paid version it works really good
    try it out
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voltup.powermaxkey
  11. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

12. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

toke have u read this whole thread yet its all they talking about and i highly recommend it!

in terms of trying to get your anycut to work try long pressing on ur home screen and selecting shortcut then choose any cut now go make that shortcut like u was trying before and see if it works now.
    cheddermane and toke_ like this.
  13. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

actually no lol ive been busy/lazy but i will do it now.
  14. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

lol sorry i edited my post with extra tips
  15. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

i just did it using this but i just tried what u suggested in your edited post and it worked thanks:D
  16. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

i just went back to 4g , my 3g is too damn slow lol
  17. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

yea keep your phone on 3g when u dont need ur 4g and switch back when u do need it like when ur not home and away from wifi lol
  18. miamiparis

miamiparis Well-Known Member

I'm using Any Cut. But there is a problem. After I'm using wifi at home and I go outside, then once in a while, I don't have internet connection so I have to restart the phone to get 3G. If I didn't use wifi, I'm sure that it would be fine. Is there another solution that would avoid this problem?
  19. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

yea that happens with me too it eventually comes back on its own
  20. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW! VIP Member

My phone is constantly in 1x :( I used to have good service here, but something is broken :( I haven't seen the 4g symbol in months.
    My wifi is a lot faster though ;) 100 megabit :D down 5 megabit up (upload speed sucks, but it works :D)
  21. cheddermane

cheddermane Well-Known Member

What's a good app to turn 4G off?
  22. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

i moved you over bro u can find some useful posts here thx...
    cheddermane likes this.
  23. Trek950

Trek950 Well-Known Member

I live in sacramento and get great service. Since prl3030, i get3.5mbps consistently now...:D

Back to 4g. I use power widget lite to toggle data on/off to save battery. But after reading this thread, i'm going to check out any cut. Sounds interesting.

Thanks!
  24. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

That's decent for sure Trek:thumbup:
    I still have spots here only say 4 miles from the home base where it goes from no service to 1x/3g/4g within a mile on the way to work.
    Guess I'm fortunate I don't live in that mile "range" :rofl:
  25. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

yea trek thats what im doing now 3g saves our power dramasticly and keeps our data going.