• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn off automatic mobile data on after screen on?

keatsim

Lurker
Oct 2, 2011
After installing the fxxking juice defender, my mobile data keep turn on automatically after screen on/ screen unlock. After i uninstall it, this still keep happen and i need to turn it off myself by going to setting and uncheck mobile data. Any solution? Tx!

I have unchecked the 'always on mobile data'. Yet, everytime i unlock my screen or should i say turn on the phone, the mobile data just connect to net itself!!!! This have driven me crazy as i need to manually close it by myself. This has never happen before i install juice defender. I control on/off mobile data manually by toggle widget previously and it works just fine before i install the damn stupid juice defender. Anyhow i can restore back to original that only when i manually turn on it only it connect to net but not automatically? Pls help!

Upvote 0
The thing is, even if you had juice defender enabled, your widget on the homescreen should take precedence over juicedefender. I.e, if you turn the widget off, data should turn off, full stop. What you're seeing is not juicedefender behaviour.

So the only thing I can thing of is that perhaps juice defender didn't uninstall cleanly. I would reinstall juicedefender, open it and, importantly, turn juicedefender off within its own settings. Then you can uninstall it, and it should leave your settings as normal.

Then hold power and pick restart, for good measure. (It's important to use the restart button, not the off button).

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones