How to turn off data push?Support

1. never-enough

never-enough Active Member

This is killing my battery life & I don't see anything to hit to turn it off. Setting the crap to manual or every 4 hrs etc doesn't work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member

3. never-enough

4. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member

Email pushes ... To stop email pushes, I know I can go to my email client app (K9 Mail) to Account Settings, fetching mail and toggle on/off pushes or select specific folders to be pushed. What are you using for email?
  5. never-enough

I use Gmail. I'm talking about the "data push" setting in email settings. It says it must be on & offers no way to turn it off.

I know on my old original droid I could turn crap like this off to save battery & still just refresh my gmail manually, but so far on the maxx I have to jump through hoops w/enable or disable data here then go back to gmail & manually refresh...
  6. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

Set the "Fetch Scheadual" to "Manually". That way, it only checks Emails when you want it to.

go into your Email, go to Settings, then "Email Delivery". From there you can set the fetch schedule
  7. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

It seems strange to me that email is causing a battery issue. I don't recall ever seeing Gmail even listed in the 'battery' list in the two years I've been using Android phones.

What specifically is listed as using the most battery?
  8. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member

Use this widget to turn off the data push for your email, i've used it on the phones so far and it works just fine. At some point moto decided to get rid of the option in the menu to turn off email sync, but it still is able to be shut down.

Just apply the widget called sync and it will shut down auto sync in your email. Then you simply can go into gmail and use the manual refresh option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2