How to turn off Flash 10.1?

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw this a couple days ago but I cant seem to find it anywhere with the search. Someone posted "is there a way to turn off flash?". I wish I would have saved it. Someone replied that you can set it so that it only displays when you tap on it. How do you do that again?

Advertisement
  2. tjreishus

Never mind. Found it. Under Browser, menu, more, settings, enable plug-ins, select "On Demand".

Never fails. I find the answer to my own questions only after I post the question.

3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I know this works in xScope, but how about the others? (for future searchers)

4. tjreishus

So far I have tried this on the stock browser and Dolphin. It doesn't work on Dolphin. The settings are different.

You said it works on xScope? So thats 2 browsers so far.

FYI. at google I/O they mentioned that the new 2.2 browser is twice as fast as 2.1. If anyone was using an alternate browser just because of the speed, I think you will like the new stock one. I can't tell the difference in speed anymore between Dolphin and the stock 2.2. Dolphin does offer other things that are nice though so if thats why your using it, don't bother even trying the stock one.

5. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

It could be in my head, but I feel the stock browser is now faster than Dolphin and Dolphin HD (I updated to HD2 today, so I'll have to test more). Dolphin definitely has more features, though, with the most critical for me being the ability to go to the home page and exit.

6. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Does the stock browser allow direct downloads of .zips and one-click UA switching yet? (that's the only reason I use xScope(before that Skyfire, before that Dolphin))

7. francomur99

francomur99 Member

Dolphin still the best, for me....of course.... it let me watch movies from quicksilverscreen in Megavideo and many more websites...it close down the windows of adverts....and this is the most important thing if you want watch movies on the browser....all the other browsers simply cannot do it.....not even Skyfire... Dolphin 5 STARS !!!! 100%. See you.........