How to turn off Google Calendar and Contact sync

Last Updated:

1. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm planning on getting the Sprint Hero. I have a hosted Exchange account that I use to manage my emails, calendar, contacts, and tasks. I'm planning on continuing using my Exchange account. I do not want to use Google for Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks syncing. I have the following questions.

1. How do I turn off Google calendar, contacts, and tasks syncing?
    2. Do I need to turn off Google syncing?
    3. Is Exchange data stored and managed separately on the phone from Google's calendar, contracts, and tasks but displayed together in the HTC applications?
    4. Will the HTC implantation of Exchange ActiveSync allow me to sync tasks?

Advertisement
  2. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

Go to Settings, Data Synchronization, Google and either turn off Auto Synch or just turn off the Google items you don't want to synchronize. I am not sure what turning off Background data because I have not RTFM!

J

3. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the information! I'll just turn off the Google items I don't want to sync. I don't want to interfer with the underlining operation of the phone.

Now, does anyone know about task syncing thru Exchange. I would love to have Exchange continue syncing my tasks. If this is not possible, I have a backup plan - Astrid syning to RTM.

4. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

How do you turn it off from the web "google online account"

I'm concerned if someone stole the phone they could trash the contact account and it would sync and you would lose everything as the online account would also get trashed.

is there a way to turn off sync online?