• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off GPRS and other internet settings ??

preet1

Lurker
Oct 22, 2012
Hello Friends,

I recently bought a new phone samsung galaxy y and not aware of android apps. my problem is that my balance is deducting from yesterday after started using this phone.:( I contacted even customer care but they replied to turn off all GPRS settings and other internet settings as this is the only reason of balance deduction. I searched for GPRS settings but didn't get..

I don't know how to turn off GPRS.. Please help if you know to disable internet settings.

Thanks

I don't know the Galaxy Y, and it's possible that Samsung might have slightly modified some of the menu names, but look in settings -> wireless and network -> mobile network (I guess "cellular" if you are in North America). There should be settings in there to control mobile data.

Settings->accounts & sync also contains settings like "background data" (controls whether apps can use data in the background or only when you are actively running them) and "auto sync". These may also help you control data usage - depends whether you want it completely off or not.

A free widget called 3G Watchdog can help keep an eye on usage too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones