• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn off lock screen? (not slide screen)

My nephew was playing with my phone and evidently set a password on the phone to wake it up. He told me the password and I can use it to wake the phone up just fine but I use the slide screen, but now there is both password unlock and the slide screens. I cant figure how to remove the password one, can you please help?

Thanks

Dell

Are you using the phone for corporate email? Do a search for this issue. I think the solution was to delete your corp acct, change the settings for the lock screen, then add your corp acct back on.

For some reason, 2.2 forced the slider AND a pin or password or none at all. Corp email users had to have one of the security measures in place and weren't able to turn it off without this trick. Supposedly a Google thing, but who really knows.

Upvote 0
Actually, it's not Moto who did this. It's Google. With the 2.2 Froyo update, they made it a double security thing...reason unknown.

However, with that said, you can try to use the WidgetLocker app. I have mine set up to NONE for the stock lock screen and use WidgetLocker for a slide only. It also allows you to have a different BG for the lock screen, place widgets on it, and add custom sliders. There's a whole thread about it here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones