How to turn off the bluetooth disconnect sound?

Last Updated:

1. fatejd

fatejd Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been covered, I was unable to find anything close to this topic when searching....

When I turn off my bluetooth headset, when the phone recognizes that it is not connected, it tones - some sort of ringtone. It's pretty loud and I'd like to turn it off if possible, but can't find it in any of the settings.

Anybody know where this setting is?

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

interesting, mine never has done this and I don't recall ever setting anything to make it not, or do, beep. curious to see who knows this.

3. shaidtan

shaidtan Well-Known Member

My Droid does that when I unplug the USB cable. I turned off the SD card notifications under Sound & Display settings and it turned it off. I wonder if maybe you're using the SD card for something when you're connected via Bluetooth and it's using the same notification.

4. stephejo

stephejo Well-Known Member

Go to Settings > Sound & Display

Uncheck SD Card Notifications

It will also do away with the annoying power-up and power-down sounds. No more meetings where "DROID" blares out!!

Best,
    John

PS-- Can you hit THanks? I never helped anyone before with a Droid issue.

fatejd likes this.
  5. stephejo

stephejo Well-Known Member

Sorry... I still have never helped anyone!!

I thought you said SD Card Notifications.

(My Bluetooth connect and disconnect is silent)

Apologies again!

6. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the headset that is making the sound when it is disconnected? I personally don't remember any bluetooth disconnect sounds from last time I used bluetooth, though admittedly it's been awhile since I've used BT.

7. fatejd

I thought for sure that SD card notifications would do the trick, but nope - still a chime when I lose the bluetooth connection :(

And no, the sound does not come from the headset, but from the phone's speaker. However, sometimes it is a bell ring and sometimes a chime. Perhaps a difference between the headset profile and handsfree profile disconnecting in different orders sometimes?

8. fatejd

Anymore ideas about this? I was thinking maybe it was an app that is causing this, but after looking through all of them I don't know which it could be.

9. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Well personally, my phone doesn't make any bluetooth disconnect sounds... I just tried it out. So I guess there's a possibility you missed one of the options under settings, or one of your apps is causing it. But I don't really know how you can find out for sure ):