1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

How to turn off voice announce

1. weamish

weamish Active Member

How do I turn off the voice announcement of new calls and messages? I've seen references to changing the Caller ID settings, but there is no Caller ID item in my settings menu.

Thanks!

Steve

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

if youre talking about what i think you are, you need to go into
    settings > text-to-speech > and turn off driving mode

i think thats it
  3. weamish

weamish Active Member

That did it, thanks!

Steve
  4. midolord

midolord New Member

hi Guys,
    i have the same problem, and i try to fixed but when i went to settings i did not find >test to speach< . can you help me please. :D
  5. Minstrik

Minstrik New Member

I had turned on the voice announcements at one point and forgot how I did it...so when I got tired of hearing the voice every time I got a text or call I started getting frustrated at not being able to turn it off. When I Googled how to turn it on it jogged my memory.

I had turned it on through Smart Actions. Where you can set your phone to do certain things automatically when you're at a specific location or at a specific time or whatever. I just went there, found the Home rule that I had set that action under, and then deleted that freaking thing. No more announcements! Back to the ringtones and such.

Droid 4
  6. joela44

joela44 Member

I found the setting in Accessibility, talk back, talk back settings. BUT, the phone STILL announces "Verizon Wireless" prior to every call! I cannot find a way to turn THIS off. Android 4.1.2 on Droid Razr Maxx. I HATE the "announce" feature! Please help me turn this OFF! (before I decide between the HTC M8 and the GS5!)