• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn on Swype?

I've been noticing a few glitches with my swype. The blue trace line stops showing up sometimes. I have to swap keyboards in and out to get it back. Another time, I could not get out of caps lock. The "shift" button wouldn't respond to my touch, but the rest of the keys would.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
If you long-press in any text box then pick "Input Method", I think you can change it from there. Hope this helps.

The only way I found to do it was to enter the Swype tutorial, where the first thing it does is pop up this choice. Your way is better. :)

I still can't figure out what the Trace keyboard is supposed to be. I tried turning it on, but as far as I could tell, by itself that did nothing. :thinking: And it seems to be totally independent of Swype.

Upvote 0
Thus the reason why I prefer and use Swiftkey

I've been noticing a few glitches with my swype. The blue trace line stops showing up sometimes. I have to swap keyboards in and out to get it back. Another time, I could not get out of caps lock. The "shift" button wouldn't respond to my touch, but the rest of the keys would.

Upvote 0
Ha, thanks cobalt. [sigh] I wish I could try some of this stuff out, but I don't have my appointment at Sprint until 6:30 tonight. :-(

FYI: I use FlexT9 on my current phone and love it. I'll give swype a chance (when I get it), but I'll probably be switching back to FlexT9 because I honestly can't imagine there being a better keyboard.

Upvote 0
does swype only come with the phone on US evo 3d's? i have a UK 3vo and can't seem to find it in my language and keyboard settings?

i do prefer swift key but i thought i'd try out swype

yes mate,the UK 3VO doesnt come with it pre loaded,however,simply go to the swype site(link at bottom) an register,you can allso upgrade swype this way too as i think pre loaded versions cant upgrade,mine works very well.
Swype | Text Input for Screens

Reactions: shadders139
Upvote 0
hi All,

Trying to get Swype on my evo 3d, I know I had it before but I did a full factory reset awhile back and can't figure it out for the life of me. I have "swype" listed in languages & keyboard but can't actually select to use it anywhere. Thanks in advance

Edit: I don't want the htc "swype like" feature, I think it's not nearly as good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones