How to turn water indicator back like newSupport

Last Updated:

1. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just an FYI, I can attest to the fact that this works....It even brings the little red x's back. Looks like new. I just tried it on my wife's LG Env3. She washed it a few months back and both stickers (on the battery and the phone) were completely red. Did the rice/oven trick and all was well, no problems whatsoever. Well lately she's been having some battery problems ,her phone has been shutting off randomly at times as if the battery is loosing connection with the phone. No corrosion issues from the wash, I honestly think this issue is unrelated. Well, it turns out that there was a problem with the Env3's battery/connection design and the Verizon rep. was happy to send her out a replacement phone right away. He said a lot of folks had this problem with the Env3. So, then I start thinking.....Dang, what about those stickers and found this online:
    Turn Your Cell Phone's "I Got Wet" Indicator from Red back to White
    Check it out, it really works.

Advertisement
  2. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

good find, the onyl thing i see wrong with this is what other people have said on there. there could be another indicator inside the phone and the sticker does not turn red again after you do this. If they decide to test it and the sticker doesnt turn red again then they know you ****ed with it.

plus on my razr had a rubber piece inside that turned color when it was wet.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

Only problem is, the stickers on the INCs aren't white. They're white with a red pattern on them.

4. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right....Same with the indicator on the back of the Env3....Brought the red sticker right back. Looks like brand new. I couldn't believe it.

5. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

I've always considered putting a piece of tape over it with a little piece of paper on the tape so it wont stick to the sticker. That should seal it pretty good from moisture, then take the tape off if you have to bring it in.

Never done it so can't say it works for sure, but its an idea...