How to un lock

1. prash.ontime

prash.ontime Member

Dear All,

I am from India and was gifted a new HTC Incredible from Verizon. This is a CDMA phone. The issue is how do i activate it with a carrier in India. I was told that i can activate it with any carrier in India. I tried to activate it with Reliance in India, but not successful.

Since i am new to this phone, can any one help me how do i activate this with another carrier in India.

Please help as i am in love with this one.

Regards
    Prash

Advertisement
  2. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

Isn't India the home of all tech support? You might be better off with localized help than post to people half way around the world. (for the most part)
  3. prash.ontime

prash.ontime Member

Yes I guess India is, but not sure where to find as i am not a big techie.. just wanting to make sure the Bday gift i got works.. :) Do you have any suggestions where i can look for this part of the globe?
  4. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

Well, Reliance Communications in India does appear to support CDMA and by doing a few searches, some people appear to be using the Incredible on their network. Why can't the company resolve this issue? What can we do for you when they're the ones who are in control of their network and in charge of activating the phones on it.
  5. prash.ontime

prash.ontime Member

Hi Wiretap.. reliance is the biggest CDMA service provider in India. I will try my luck with them again, take the handset and see what they can do. Will have to see how they can help to get this activated.
  6. romi52

romi52 New Member

Presh,
    In India number of people are using HTC Incredible from Verizon on reliance network. You should able to put data in the setting. Press##778# and call. Password is 000000. This is for information. I dont know further. Even I want to activate my HTC Incredible from Verizon. If you have any further knowledge please let me know.
  7. prash.ontime

prash.ontime Member

Hi friend,

Send me a mail at prash.ontime@gmail.com.. i will give you details of a friend of mine in BOM who helped to fix the problem for me. Mine is working fine..
  8. phoenix3384

phoenix3384 New Member

Hi,
    Can you please provide with details as to how to activate HTC Incredible Verizon phone on a CDMA network in India. I am located in Mumbai, so it has to be on Reliance or Tata's network. Much appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
    SS
  9. prash.ontime

prash.ontime Member

Dear All,

A friend of mine from BOM helped to fix the phone for me. You can reach him on the email hetaldp@gmail.com

Thanks
    Prash