• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to un-root?

Do you guys think 2.1 will be faster than a rooted phone on the current 2.0.1 (whatever version we are on)???

I mean with it being rooted right now I can keep it clocked at 550 which I like.
But if 2.1 will be faster without rooting than that's the way to go. I don't really care to much about the fancier UI in 2.1 if there won't be a speed change.

Upvote 0
Do you guys think 2.1 will be faster than a rooted phone on the current 2.0.1 (whatever version we are on)???

I mean with it being rooted right now I can keep it clocked at 550 which I like.
But if 2.1 will be faster without rooting than that's the way to go. I don't really care to much about the fancier UI in 2.1 if there won't be a speed change.

Upvote 0
Hey Peeps,

I am new to this entire Android thing, just got my phone 1.5 weeks ago. I've been looking at all the screenshots and such and hear about rooting and how awesome it is. I heard it also negates any warranty or support. I am running the Motorola Droid from Verizon. The question is, I am very nervous about rooting, the benefits and if it is really worth it. Should I root, or with the impending release of 2.1 should I just wait for 2.1 to be released?

All support / feedback is welcome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones