How to un-root?

Last Updated:

1. cjb695

cjb695 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I searched and I could not find this....I hope someone can direct me to a noob guide of how to unroot so when 2.1 comes out or a problem occurs. Thank
    Also if this should be in a subfolder then a mod can you please move it.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

It should be a simple case of reflashing a basic update (like 2.0.1) to the phone. If you removed or renamed any system files or apps, you will probably want to change them back first.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I know alldroid.org has a super great guide to doing this. To find it follow the forums like this

Development>Motorola>Droid>Sholes.info> and the thread is in there.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The question isn't "How" to unroot ... it's WHY would you unroot? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DroidForums.net also has several good guides to UNrooting. Just look in the "Hacks" subforum.

5. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

Why in the world would anyone want to UNROOT?

Once 2.1 is installed OTA on your Droid, you will LOSE all possibility of rooting!

It's not like ROOT disables your ability to do anything. If anything, it enhances it. And if you find nothing that you want to do to your fembot, then just wait!

:rolleyes:

6. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member

Do you guys think 2.1 will be faster than a rooted phone on the current 2.0.1 (whatever version we are on)???

I mean with it being rooted right now I can keep it clocked at 550 which I like.
    But if 2.1 will be faster without rooting than that's the way to go. I don't really care to much about the fancier UI in 2.1 if there won't be a speed change.

7. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member

Do you guys think 2.1 will be faster than a rooted phone on the current 2.0.1 (whatever version we are on)???

I mean with it being rooted right now I can keep it clocked at 550 which I like.
    But if 2.1 will be faster without rooting than that's the way to go. I don't really care to much about the fancier UI in 2.1 if there won't be a speed change.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the official 2.1 release is going to blow all of the ROMs we've seen so far out of the water. Maybe I'm too optimistic. :(

9. RCourtade

RCourtade New Member

Hey Peeps,

I am new to this entire Android thing, just got my phone 1.5 weeks ago. I've been looking at all the screenshots and such and hear about rooting and how awesome it is. I heard it also negates any warranty or support. I am running the Motorola Droid from Verizon. The question is, I am very nervous about rooting, the benefits and if it is really worth it. Should I root, or with the impending release of 2.1 should I just wait for 2.1 to be released?

All support / feedback is welcome!