1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to undo a PIN?Support

1. elwin15208

elwin15208 Well-Known Member

I have an S3 which was updated last week to 4.2. While exploring the update, I decided to explore the VPN capability. After creating a PIN, I realized that setting up VPNs was more complicated than I expected, and that I don't want to attempt it yet.

Can anyone here tell me how to delete or nullify the PIN that I created? I don't like having to enter it every time I use my phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

It's something like:

Settings .. Security .. Screen Lock

(at least, that's how it's done in vanilla android)

.. but I would highly recommend keeping the PIN lock turned on, particularly if you have any information on there you'd rather a thief didn't access .. like say, bank account details.
  3. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

For Samsung TW based ROM its - Settings > My Device > Lock Screen > Screen Lock > select Swipe.
    javamann likes this.
  4. elwin15208

elwin15208 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses.

Heat57, The phone is unrooted.

SiempreTuna, There is no Settings .. Security .. Screen Lock path. The closest thing to that is Settings .. Lock screen - which lists "Screen lock" under the heading, "Screen security," with the note, "Secured with PIN." Pressing there leads to a "Confirm PIN" window, with the keypad beneath. No option for voiding the PIN.
  5. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

You probably have to confirm the PIN first before being able to change the setting. After entering the PIN it should give you the option to change to other forms of unlocking, including swipe.
  6. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

On Verizon (4.3) it is Menu>System Settings>Lock Screen then tap Screen lock. It should prompt you for you PIN then you can choose the type of lock screen you want.

They messed with the menus and I don't remember if 4.2 had the exact same path, but it would be lock screen, security, or something like that in the System Settings menu.