How to Undo Email Default SelectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. blafarm

blafarm Active Member This Topic's Starter

I mistakenly selected one of two email accounts on my X -- as being the "Default"

This was a mistake, as I really should have kept the setting dynamic -- so I could chose to send from either account.

Now I can't undo that default setting -- nor can I even switch the default to the other email account.

Here's how I got to the menu in question:

GUI Messaging Icon > Left Menu Button > Messaging Settings > Email > Default Email Account

Anyone know how I can undo this default setting -- and put myself back in the position of being able to select which account to use dynamically?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. blafarm

Ok

Upon further investigation, it appears that my principle problem is that my Google email account no longer appears as an account "Send" option when selecting an email address from Contacts right before composing an email.

I suspect this has to do with me having selected an alternate IMAP account as the "Default" account -- but I don't know how to "undo" that.

The Google account is definitely still there and intact (in fact you can't remove it without resetting the phone). I can still send to it -- and send from it. But it is no longer an option when selecting a name from the Contact list that you wish to email to.

For the record, the Google email account is also not showing up in my Messaging window (with my other email accounts and text account) -- and the Google emails are not showing up in my Universal Inbox (which may or may not be normal).

Anyone know how to re-enable the Google Mail account -- so that I can use it when selecting email addresses in Contacts that I wish to send emails to?

3. blafarm

Problem solved.
    Please disregard.

4. rp4643

rp4643 Active Member

It would be nice if you posted how you solved it??? Much appreciated.

5. blafarm