• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to undo root or update within root.

Hey all,
I rooted my evo a couple of weeks ago and its been pretty great, but I'm noticing an issue with my messaging app. Its only in the messaging app that the phone does this, but it wont scroll up in my messaging threads. I scroll up, it will stay there for a second, then it will jump all the way back to the bottom. I just noticed this today. It does not do this when I'm outside of message threads, nor does it do this when I'm browsing the internet.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe the root and the 1.32.653.1 rom were the problem. So I was looking to either update to the 653.6 while in root, or to undo my root and update to the 653.6 and use the unrevoked method, which seems to be doing all the things that I want my rooted phone to do (manage the overclocking settings in order to conserve battery life).

Can anyone help me out here? Is there a site with the stock ROM that I would need to flash onto my Evo again or is there an update method that I just dont know about that would keep all my settings the same?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones