How to uninsrall (or just hide) junk apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a Droid Incredible and it includes all sorts of junk apps, like Teeter. They clutter up my app page when I'm looking for ones I care about. When I try to uninstall them the Uninstall is grayed-out. I'm just trying to cut down on the visual clutter of wading through zillions of apps that I don't care about. Short of rooting this phone (which voids the warranty. I'm told) is there any way to get rid of this junk?

It's not like these are apps integral to being a smartphone - email, browser, etc. It's just a @#$%!*& GAME!

Advertisement
  2. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

i am pretty sure you have to be rooted to remove bloatware. download launcher pro (best home replacement app ever), and in the settings you can hide apps in the app drawer. that is the best method if you are not rooted.

3. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

edit it.

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

root is the only way...

just do root, it's simple, and reversible.

5. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Get Launcher Pro and you can hide apps using their launcher. (plus a million other great features)

OR

Get app organizer and make a category for apps you use and then create a shortcut to that folder. Uses up 1 spot on homescreen and isnt as pretty but visually it does the job

(I use both Launcher and app organizer.. I have all my apps categorized and use 5 spots on my dock for the folders....... so slick!!!!)