How to uninstall stock apps, like sprint apps.

Last Updated:

1. Imarc4G

Imarc4G Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a way to uninstall these sprint apps, like NASCAR , etc... My evo has the Unrevoked root. Can anybody tell me if there's an easy way, like downloading a uninstaller for root evo.

Advertisement
  2. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

Currently, this can only be accomplished with the Rooted Stock ROM, or any other custom ROM. You need to re-root via Toast's method (There's a noob-guide over in root section), and follow those directions.

It's not really a 'simple' process, but it's not very difficult if you can follow directions.

Long story short - if you're desperate to remove those, have to fullroot (not unrevoked), if you don't want to do that, just ignore the Sprint apps, they really aren't doing anything.

3. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

install android-sdk for windows (or whatever OS your computer is). you have to boot the EVO into recovery. run recovery-windows.bat in dos. open a second dos window and run the following:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    HT05FHL00377 device

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
    # mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    # cd /system/app
    cd /system/app
    # ls
    a list of installed apk's will show.

run this command to remove:
    # rm Sprint_Promotion.apk

4. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

Is this compatible with the UnRevoked root? I thought this could only be done via fullroot, as you had to fullroot to initially boot into recovery "adb reboot recovery"?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, which I very likely could be.

5. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

nope, only Toast's root

here is the thread i followed then made a txt file of my own instructions to use later.
    Apps that are ok to remove with root - xda-developers

6. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

7. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

If you have already done the unrevoked method can you root again with the toast method?
    just curious cause it seems alot are going that way

8. NatesEvo

NatesEvo New Member

I have rooted Evo using unrevoked 3.29 and I used titanium backup to remove the sprint apps? Why wouldn't I be able to remove them? am I missing something?

9. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

You can remove them with unrevoked. This is a very old thread and was prior to unrevoked3 (which is full root and nand unlike before when this thread was originally written) head over to xda there is a bunch of threads on how to remove the bloatware with titanium.

10. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

I did that last night, seemed to work just fine, the Sprint apparently setter gone. I rooted using unrevoked then used titanium to uninstall

11. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

i can't believe the unrevoked devs kept their latest full root version number 3. Way to cause mega confusion with their old shitty half root. Why couldn't they have called this unrevoked5 or something? tsk tsk.

12. tward291

tward291 Member

a guys i just rooted my htc evo using unrevoked3 and some apps say i am rooted others say that i am not i tried using the titanium back up to delete stock apps but i wont recognize my root other apps say i have no root access please help that was my hole purpose on rooting did i root wrong

13. moddave

moddave Member

14. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Is it possible you clicked "deny" when first opening a root only app? I'm assuming you have the "superuser" icon in your app drawer, correct? If so, click on it and see if you denied TB, if so, click on it and "allow". If that's not the case, do you have "S-OFF", which is full root? Even if you don't have "S-OFF" and have only obtained soft root, you should still be able to run root only apps.....

15. eb121209

eb121209 Member

I know this is an old thread but I just ran into a "little" problem. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to see if anyone had an answer.

I have a HTC EVO 4G and just rooted it a couple weeks ago and have tried several ROMs to see which one I like. I just flashed a new ROM about an hour ago and now my AVG antivirus says my root uninstaller is infected. It's never said that before but now it brought up a popup saying it was. My question is, is it just detecting it as an "infected app" cause it's a rooted app? And why wouldn't it have said that before now? Since I've used root uninstaller ever since I first rooted my phone.

16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

If you are using Root Uninstaller by Android Text that is no longer available on the market, so its possible that it was removed for security reasons.

Root Uninstaller by root uninstaller is still available on the market, but thats the only thing that developer has and it only has 85 reviews between the free and pro version.

Personally id ditch either one of those.

If you are trying to remove bloatware I would suggest using titanium backup. It is used by the majority of the rooted community and is not infected in any way.

Antivirus software gets updated with new virus signatures all the time. Thats how they keep current.

ocnbrze likes this.
  17. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah never heard of that app before. titanium backup is very essential to root users and everybody should use it. plus with titanium backup you can freeze apps your not sure of before deleting it to make sure that your rom will be stable once frozen. once you know then you can delete it. plus you can backup all of your apps and data with tb.

18. eb121209

eb121209 Member

You can also freeze/unfrost apps using root uninstaller.

19. eb121209

eb121209 Member

I actually use both of those apps. I use root uninstaller to uninstall apps whenever I flash a different ROM and use TB to back up different apps.