ChatOn (not even sure what this is)
    FM Radio
    GameHub
    Google+
    Learning Hub
    Music Hub
    Talk (not even sure what this is)
    Video Hub

If I go to settings and application manager I can find the 'downloaded' item and click uninstall updates but that gives me a pop up saying the app will go back to factory settings version ... it still shows in the app drawer thing. It doesnt show in the application manager but shows in the app drawer (not sure official name) u know where you can see all your apps.

Not sure if it gets uninstalled or not ...most likely not as i tried uninstalling flipboard but it still loads in the app drawere thingy but doesnt now show in the downloaded items ....

... anyone know how to delete these items? just wondering...

Advertisement
  2. krazyasif786

krazyasif786 Well-Known Member

Oh also ... just went back into application manager and swiped to 'All' instead of 'Downloaded' ... flipboard (as an example) does show here ... but it does not give an option to uninstall ... only to disable ...

... anyway to uninstall?
  3. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Well-Known Member

You have to root your device and install another program to remove those applications (called bloatware elsewhere). Then it messes the ability of the carrier to update the general OS. If you remove the bloatware, then you "customize" your phone and official updates do not install.
    In the App Drawer, there is an option to hide those applications you don't want to see. I think that is the best way, but I'm sure other opinions will be expressed.
    mntom, Captain53 and krazyasif786 like this.
  4. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that if you disable the apps, it will disappear from your app drawer. At the very least, disabling them will stop the update notices.
    Captain53 and krazyasif786 like this.
  5. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The 'hubs' are Widgets and will not display in the app drawer. These you can disable without issue. The issue you will have is if you use Samsung app store. If any of these apps have an update, you will need to hunt it down and find it. The update Notifier for Samsung app store is annoying and unintelligent in this regard.

Any apps that are disabled will not be available anywhere unless you re-enable them. Google store is smart to know these apps are disabled and not bother you with updates.

I don't really understand the point of just rooting to uninstall. You will not get the space back regardless as it's in a reserved partition. Unless you plan on doing more with rooting, I wouldn't root just to do this. Makes no sense to me.
  6. JohnPta

JohnPta New Member

I also want to get these packages of my Samsung note II but they keep coming back.

Flipboard
    Google Play Movies
    ChatOn (not even sure what this is)
    FM Radio
    GameHub
    Google+
    Learning Hub
    Music Hub
    Talk (not even sure what this is)
    Video Hub

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  7. YouGonaEatThat

YouGonaEatThat Well-Known Member

You can go into the App Manager, click on the "ALL" tab and Disable any of the apps mentioned above. Click on the app, uninstall any updates then press Disable.
  8. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Well-Known Member

"Disable" is changed to "Turn Off" in 4.3.