How to uninstall useless Metro apps on Huawei Ascend?

Last Updated:

1. bjk311

bjk311 Member

Hi All,

I updated my phone with the new 2.2 update and im using roat explorer to delete the bloat wear. When i try to delete the metro apps it states that the selected items cannot be deleted because the file system is read only. please help.

Advertisement
  2. bjk311

bjk311 Member

I was able to figure it out.

But my market app did not change at when i upgrade to 2.2. Does anyone know how to change this? I also want to change the Metro Boot screen to something else. Does anyone know how to do this?
  3. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

is this the tapout version?
  4. quick_sliver

quick_sliver Member

how did you figure it out?
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

you have to have the latest version of root explorer which is 2.16 and at the top where it say R/O tap that to make it R/W.;)
  6. saved1992

saved1992 Member

I have 0.69 system storage space left on my phone huawie ascend is rooted but i haven't taken off the bloatware yet. i plan to get root explorer for the bloatware is there anything i need to do to get more system storage space back. Thank You
  7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

install a2sd and you will have tons of memory, but you have to be on 2.2 or higher.
    saved1992 likes this.
  8. MonicaH12

MonicaH12 Member

you can delete easy wifi. you don't need it to use the wifi. it really is just a waste of space and battery use.
  9. lawnking34

lawnking34 New Member

New to the forum and am trying to get the bloatware out of my phone.
    It is rooted with ginger root downloaded root explorer found the bloatware files but not sure how to delete them using root explorer. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! oh yea just upgraded to 2.2:eek:
  10. nessa92

nessa92 Member

Ok so my bf tried to delete some of the apps and accidently deleted the stock launcher (i believe). SO now my phone has a blank screen but the notification bar shows perfectly fine. I have been trying to find similar people with this problem but couldnt. Can someone help me please!!!!!
  11. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

is it rooted?
  12. nessa92

nessa92 Member

yes it is and I also got the update and everything
  13. kevinrubio

oh nice to hear, and let me ask one more question and i'll help, did you make any back up at any point through you CWM? or ROM managerR?
  14. nessa92

nessa92 Member

I backed up everything to the sdcard if thats what your asking
  15. kevinrubio

well sorta, im asking if you backed up any sort of ROM like stock or cm6 or any
  16. nessa92

nessa92 Member

Oh. no I have not
  17. kevinrubio

hmm okay, well since you made a backup to your PC, go to stock recovery or CWM and factory reset your device
    nessa92 likes this.
  18. nessa92

nessa92 Member

Thank you! It worked:)
  19. kevinrubio

no problem, always glad to help! :)
  20. steph310

steph310 New Member

How do i get the root explorer ?
  21. milswanca

milswanca Member

I couldn't buy the paid version of Root Explorer and I don't know of a free version, so I'm using Root App Remover. It won't allow me to uninstall the "user apps" Like Loopt, Uno, Virtual Card, Pocket Express and My Extras (Which is the one I hate the most!) Any guidance would be aprreciated.

Also, more importantly, since the 2.2 update I noticed that the older versions of some things on my phone are still there (Calendar, contacts, camera, dialer, etc.) ..in Root App Explorer, for example, it shows two Camera settings, one being the older v1.3 and the newer version on top of it, v2.2.2. Is it safe to remove the older versions of these things?

I apologize in advance if these questions have been already answered or in a different forum.

PM, if possible, but I will try to keep track of the thread for an answer.
  22. sweetmel30

sweetmel30 New Member

Guys i need help how do i reinstall the @metro store it was deleted somehow
  23. kevinrubio

factory reset
  24. TNOP

TNOP Member

25. kevinrubio

go to your phone browser, or just download 4shared, the app (or internet) and type in "gingerbreak" and download v.1.2 and see what happens. if it still says a error than go to settings->application->and make sure the first option is checked "Uknown sources"