How to unlock Galaxy S2 on TMobileSupport

1. steveb1970

steveb1970 New Member

Hi
    I know theres a million threads about this but I just want an easy step by step guide to unlock my Galaxy S2 on Tmobile as I'm bit of a newbie.
    I have just updated through Kies and have the latest ICS 4.04 but am sick of waiting for official Jellybean update.
    Model GT-I9100
    Version 4.04
    Baseband version I9100BVLPE
    Kernel Version
    3.0.15-1187368
    dpi@DELL228#3
    Build number
    IMM76D.BVLPJ
    Many thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Let me back up here a minute and make sure I have this right. What country are you in? I thought jellybean was already out for the i9100.

If you're in the US on T-Mobile you can get an unlock code from them for free. Other than that I can't discuss it because any other method of unlocking is illegal here until they change the law back.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello steveb1970!

If you mean, "unlock", as in unlock you from your service provider, you will need to contact them and get an unlock code that will then allow you to use any sim card in your phone.

If you mean that you would like to flash a Jelly Bean firmware to your phone before T-Mobile release their version eventually, see #1.7 of the, "Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide".

If you mean root your phone to get full control and root access, allowing you to flash custom ROM's, kernels, modems and modifications, see posts #1 and #2 of the, "Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide".
    Atma likes this.
  5. steveb1970

steveb1970 New Member

Hi Ironass
    I just want to flash a Jelly Bean firmware to my phone.I have read #1.7 but am a bit confused.When I enter details of CSC etc into Sam mobile firmware page it just brings up exactly the same firmware to download.
    Should it not be showing me Jelly Bean firmware to download?
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

From #1.7...