How to unlock NAND in my situation?

Last Updated:

1. spurswin99

spurswin99 Member This Topic's Starter

I had used unrevoked3 (NOT unrevoked 3.21) back when I had the Stock 2.1 running on my evo. I recently flashed a stock rooted Froyo ROM, which I've been running for the last few days. If I understand my research correctly, I don't have NAND unlocked because unrevoked3 was not a "full root". What is the easiest way to get the full root now? Can I run unrevoked forever and/or unrevoked3.21 over my current setup? Or would I have to unroot by running a stock RUU, accept the OTA to get back to stock 2.2, and then run unrevoked 3.21?

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

You can run unRevoked Forever over your current setup. Not sure about 3.21 though...

3. spurswin99

spurswin99 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks -- I will do that, then. And just to clarify, does running unrevoked Forever unlock NAND and make it a so-called "full root"?

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

unRevoked Forever will unlock nand permanently and give you S-OFF. I think unRevoked 3.21 is safe to use as well but don't quote me on that.

spurswin99 likes this.
  5. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

I have your same problem. I forgot why I didn't do the unrevoked forever, I thought I read that people where having problems w/ the phone after doing it or there wasn't away to change the S-Off back to S-On if need be.

My question now is did you run UF? if you did how's the phone? I was also thinking about just trying to use Unrevoked 3.2 over my already 2.2 root, wasnt' sure if that would hurt the phone so didn't try that either.