How to unlock?Support

1. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

So six months ago I got an EVO and started using my old Hero to replace my old iPod(4gig mini) at work. With an 8gig SD card and no radios turned on, it has great battery life and works great!! When I got the EVO, I switched my Gmail account to it. The market quit working on the Hero but I didn't mind because I had all the apps I needed for it already, I never set up a new Gmail for the Hero. I keep it in my pocket at work and run headphones off it. Today it went silent. I took it out of my pocket to see that it was locked. I use the pattern unlock to prevent pocket dialing and never had a problem before today. It must have been rubbing my leg on the unlock screen and tried too many times. Now its asking me for a Gmail account, my old one doesn't work and I never made a new one. I tried pulling the battery but that's about all I can think to do.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

That is a weird situation. The Android Market should actually continue to work on your Sprint HTC Hero even if you use the same GMail account on another Android device because, technically, the amount of devices you can have with one account is unlimited.

You should be able to sign in with your old GMail account with no issues. As long as the account still exists and you know the current password, you should be fine.
  3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input but my old Gmail account wouldn't work. I never changed it so IDK why. I ended up looking up how to perform a hard reset via the hardware keys and did that. Now I get to set it up and try to find apps similar to the ones I had. I entered my Gmail that I originally used and still use on my EVO, and it works fine.