• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to unroot and uninstall rom??

droidxer2

Lurker
May 14, 2011
Ok, so..

I used z4root to root my dx, i installed dx bootstrapper and rom manager, then installed one of the black bar roms from rom manager itself. Everything has worked fine, but.. being a newbie i forgot to do a nandroid backup before i loaded the rom. Now i can't flash a new rom or my phone pretends to bootloop, and i must go back to one of the nandroids i have made since the black bar installation. .. but anyway, In anticipation of the gingerbread update, which i intend to do OTA, what do i need to do? Do i need to uninstall that one rom (i dont know how to do that if i do need to), or do i need to just use z4 to unroot and will that take away the rom? or can i just do a factory reset and it will all return to stock?

So i guess the question is, do i need to return to stock (and how?) or can i just grab the ota and i will unroot (fine by me) and have stock gingerbread?

HELP! haha

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones