How to update and/or root without usb cable

Last Updated:

1. qcshin

qcshin New Member This Topic's Starter

I need help. I bought an used Samsung Moment via Craiglist about 3 weeks ago. Initially, I had to wiggle my cable to get it charged. After few days, it was not charging nor communicating with my laptop via USB cable. Of course, the Craiglist seller was not willing help me.
    After contacting Samsung, I had sent it in to be fixed since it was still under warranty. It just came back today with a note saying:

Your phone is damaged beyond economical repair in the form of a warped board, or missing or damaged components. The factory warranty has been voided.

I know that I can charge my battery via some kind of external batter charger that is around, but can I update my phone and/or root my phone without using USB cable? Can I use a bluetooth connection? If not any idea or suggestion?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Not that it helps, but I really hope you got it for $25 or less. It's going to be a big headache.

I don't think you'll be able to gain root without the ability to flash the phone.

3. qcshin

qcshin New Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately, I paid $120 hoping to activate it on my account. Of course, the seller is not responding to my email or call. Another thing is that the seller assured me that she only got the phone a month ago, but I found out that it was initially activated last November. It really ticks me off, but I am trying to work it out.

I still hope to be able to update the phone if anybody is listening.
    Thanks.

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

unfortunately i don't believe you can as running the updater is required to root and get the custom recovery.take it to a sprint store and see if they will exchange it just don't say you got it from craigslist.