• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to update android on tablet manually

jreidsma

Lurker
Jun 4, 2013
hi everyone

I bought a trio stealth g2 tablet a month or two ago and the android os it has on it is 4.0 it has never given me the option toupdate through the settings or anything and their website doesn't even mention this tablet.

so back at radioshack the guy said something about being able to root the tablet and update it manually. I am pretty good with linux and some coding but I have never owned a android before ;)

I found a few websites mentioning roms and rooting the tablet, but they dontsay where or how to do any of the steps. I want to be able to run theofficial apps still so I was planning on sticking with the official android releases.

I think I have the app moving down, just click move to sd card in the settings for the apps I don't want to lose.

sorry if I misunderstood something, I haven't had much time to look any of it up yet.
wow its hard to type of this thing...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones