• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to update firmware

GrandViken

Lurker
Jun 29, 2015
So new user here, i have a galaxy S5 from At&t that i got from walmart a year ago. I unlocked it and switched to tmobile, i want to know how to update the firmware on it since kies says i have the latest firmware, and through the phone settings it still tries to use the at&t network to search for updates...im using a custom apn for tmobile since it initially didnt connect. I want to update to 5.0 if possible, if not...what can i do?

running android 4.4.4
model - G900AUCU2AOA1

So new user here, i have a galaxy S5 from At&t that i got from walmart a year ago. I unlocked it and switched to tmobile, i want to know how to update the firmware on it since kies says i have the latest firmware, and through the phone settings it still tries to use the at&t network to search for updates...im using a custom apn for tmobile since it initially didnt connect. I want to update to 5.0 if possible, if not...what can i do?

running android 4.4.4
model - G900AUCU2AOA1

See #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. You have a non Samsung firmware carrier variant and need to be on the AT&T network to update. Best suggestion is that you borrow an AT&T sim card or get a PAYG one, to receive their update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones