• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to update Google App and Play Services

Kraftwerk

Jun 3, 2013
UK
I have the original Moto G and need to update the above but it seems that I have to pick the correct one for my mobile and I'm unsure what to do.

I don't want to install the wrong version for my mobile and stop it from working.

Surely these important updates can be made easier to update than this?

Your help will be much appreciated.

My original Moto G is unrooted and untouched in any way.

For the last couple of days I was not receiving any updates - I have at least one app to update every day.
I was reading that I need to keep Google Play Services up to date to be able to update apps (don't know if this is true) so when I was not getting any updates I thought that I had an old version of Google Play Services.

I have Version 9.2.56 of Google Play Services
Not sure what version of Google App I have.

The list of different versions was through a APKmirror which I could download then install.

I have just checked if any apps needed updating and two did, so it seems to be working again.

Upvote 0
I have Version 9.2.56 of Google Play Services

I have version 8.7 of Google Play Services with no issues.

For the last couple of days I was not receiving any updates - I have at least one app to update every day.

See what happens if you go to:
Play Store -> Menu -> My Apps & Games -> Update All

Also, maybe none of your apps have released an update for the past few days?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones