How to update LG Optimus One (P500) firmware?Support

Last Updated:

1. namridus06

namridus06 New Member

Hi there! I have a problem and hoping you guys would kindly help me out. Here is the story. I have LG Optimus One (P500) with firmware/software version V10e (Nov-30-2010). When I checked the Update Notification on March-24-2011 in my Optimus One, it states that "Firmware has been updated and is now set in version V10F_00. It further states that if I want to update my firmware, I need to connect my Optimus One with cable and open PC suite. So I do as per the instruction.

I connected my Optimus One with cable to my pc and open LG PC Suit IV. Then i checked for phone update and the PC Suit states that the phone software is available. So, I click "Yes" to update. After that the PC Suit was automatically closed and a new program called LGMLauncher was opened. In the LGMLauncher's small windows states that "The LGMobile update program is running". When I clicked "OK" it closed down. After waiting a few moments, nothing has happened. I repeated few times but the same thing happened. So i think to myself that this is sucks!

So, I am in need of your guys help to teach me on how to update my Optimus One's firmware. I have look to some other forums on this matter but none seems to be helpful (or I am not able to understand).

In some of the other forum, they said that Optimus is supposedly updated through OTA (Over The Air). What OTA even means and how to update through OTA?

Thanks very much for your help guys. LONG LIVE THE ANDROID!!!

2. jaytingu

jaytingu New Member

Just put down your phone and crreim
  3. Marvintheparanoid

Marvintheparanoid Well-Known Member

Try leaving that 'running' window open for a very long time - 10 mins or more

I found that the LG servers are very slow to respond and the update apps just sit there, doing nothing while it happens.
  4. mcwong

mcwong Member

I experience a similar issue with the progress bar not moving or the program crashes. I discovered that I cannot perform the update in the office as the company's firewall blocks the ports used by LG Updater program but no problem if I'm doing it at home. You may need to check your firewall (office or home) and open all ports for the updates. Close them back after the process.

Hope this helps...