How to update past 2.2 android?

1. italygrl1

italygrl1 Well-Known Member

I have the wifi only tablet 7inch. Not the plus and its running 2.2 and i was wondering if there has been an update released for this past 2.2..I have looked online and cant seem to find anything other than stuff talking about the plus. I'd appreciate any help,Thanks.:)

Advertisement
  2. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

I have the same model as you, only it is Verizon branded. It's a wifi-only because I can't activate it on the network. It is currently running 2.3.5. You should have gotten an update to Gingerbread from Samsung. However, it's a lot more difficult to root the tab once you take the update. Regardless, there's plenty of roms out that will give you the same, or better, experience.
  3. j510

j510 Well-Known Member

Setting >software update
  4. Johnnysims

Johnnysims Member

I also have that but I think you need to update Kies and then try to update over Kies... Should get Gingerbread... Altough my Tab doesn't want to do it. Something about an unknown error.
  5. userdude

userdude New Member

thedrizl, I have an unbranded OG Galaxy Tab 7 wifi only with 2.2.1 (Froyo). This is a work tab, so I don't really want to flash the ROM unless there's no choice. However, I cannot seem to find anywhere on the device's settings an upgrade function, and Kies 2.3 tells me there's no updates.

Is it possible that upgrade was Verizon-specific?

Thanks!
    Jared