• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HOW TO: Update Software

So a friend tells me that you can update your software by using the app Anycut from the play store. I guess it only works with go launcher. He said he did it & it of course will do just like if you do it on the computer & unroot you if you are already rooted. I just thought it might be useful info for someone that doesn't have computer access.

Upvote 0
I just checked too & didn't see it but did in amazon apps & you have to use go launcher. So in our market, I think for any launcher is an app called Better Cut. It doesn't rate that many stars but I haven't had a chance to root yet & I needed to access some files that I couldn't not being rooted. I didn't have any problems with it & I didn't do it on my home screen either. It will tell you you should but I didn't. If I just needed to update real quick I would do it.
Anna

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones