how to upgrade from .3 froyo to .6

Last Updated:

1. formulabird

formulabird Member This Topic's Starter

Anyway we can upgrade to .6 heard people with .3 it won't work. do we need to reinstall 2.1 (1.47) and then upgrade from there??

Advertisement
  2. ed33433

ed33433 Well-Known Member

If you were a little patient you would have d/l .6 this evening....with no problem. Patience is a virtue

3. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

except there is no appearnt diffrence and same problems popping up so eh i got it 3 days early

4. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

HTC (htc) on Twitter

If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days

5. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

The best bet is to wait. Seriously.

6. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

It's the same update, don't kid yourself.....People just want to have HTC say it is official for better piece of mind.....

7. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

HTC posted on Facebook a couple of hours ago they were working on a way to get us early adopters to upgrade to latest release so we were all even. Will take a couple of days. That should have been a clue they were about to release the OTA, vice it was suspended.

It is probably punishment and a forced lesson not to jump on un official releases.

Anyway, I didn't buy they were suspending release. Never believe tech support or people with less than 10 posts.

8. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

My whole family has EVO's.
    I have the .3 leaked version. Others now have the .6 OTA version.

I can find no diffrences at all between them. (for what it is worth)

sagedil and woofermazing like this.
  9. geomens

geomens Well-Known Member

HTC is working on it. They twitted the following around 2.30 pm eastern time.

"If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days"

10. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Word. So far it sounds like its not only the same build (just with a slightly different version) but the few issues that existed with the leaked one are still popping up with the OTA. Its doubtful they could have made meaningful core changes in that time. Probably just wanted to push out a new version to say "told ya so."

Official or not for the past couple of days its been like a new phone with the improved performance, even so much so that I switched back to a live wallpaper.

11. Scott03Z06

Scott03Z06 Member

How did this response answer the question?

12. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Well.. if you installed the official "leak" and not the rooted version youre stuck until htc fixes you. Luckily for me I installed the rooted version so when they root this new ota ill just nandroid back to 2.1 and then flash the rooted ota.

13. Rdot9

Rdot9 Well-Known Member

like everyone said, just be patient with this, you've got pretty much the same update as everyone else. Once HTC makes a .3-.6 update available just download that.

14. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

you might just be able to do it over your current rom, Ava's update yesterday was like this, didn't have to wipe, actually people who wiped had a lot of issues, hopefully the one with the final build will be similar, just like the ota update not wiping:)