• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Upgrade to Wolf's V7?

Hi.

For those who have installed Wolf's ROM V6, have you guys installed the V7? If yes can you please tell me what should I download to upgrade to V7?

First do this:

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/449515-how-install-2-3-root.html

Then install xRecovery:

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/420821-problem-installing-xrecovery-2-3-a.html

Once xRecovery is installed, you can install the custom ROM.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any problems along the way.

Upvote 0
ive been using that one for about 3 or 4 days now and the only problems ive had were opera mini kept fcing and my contacts take forever to load but that may be because every time ive tried a new rom it seems to have multiplied my contact list (one of my contacts has 47 entries and they total about 8300 contacts so i suppose this may be affecting the opening speed of the contact folder) i dont think it has xloud and bravia because i didnt see it to download

ric

sorry, just found the download for xloud and bravia, am dld just now lol

Reactions: iandroid123
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If Bluetooth or wifi isn't working properly, then are you sure after installing xRecovery, and copying the ROM into a xRecovery directory...or wherever....but in xRecovery, did you do a Factory Reset (Full wipe) and Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache then chose to install custom ROM?

When I didn't wipe cache partition, then my wifi was screwy. It would only work for a max 4-5 min...then it wouldn't work again until I rebooted the phone.

I don't know of any bluetooth problems in that version....but I know that having an installation issue is the most likely issue.

Upvote 0
If Bluetooth or wifi isn't working properly, then are you sure after installing xRecovery, and copying the ROM into a xRecovery directory...or wherever....but in xRecovery, did you do a Factory Reset (Full wipe) and Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache then chose to install custom ROM?

When I didn't wipe cache partition, then my wifi was screwy. It would only work for a max 4-5 min...then it wouldn't work again until I rebooted the phone.

I don't know of any bluetooth problems in that version....but I know that having an installation issue is the most likely issue.

I did factory reset and wipe those cache but I din't see "Dalvik Cache".. but the problem just happen

Upvote 0
try to do fresh instal again just remember to wipe everything. as i said when i flashed this one i wiped everything and havnt had any probs. the only time i have had probs was with one wolfbreaks roms, but it turned out not to be the rom but when busyboxwas trying to update itself. it was interfering with the wifi hotspot ability but when i deleted the update it worked fine and still works fine

ric

Reactions: iandroid123
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones