• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to upload photos / videos to PC?

I need some help on getting photos and videos off of my nexus one and onto my PC. I've used the USB cord to attach it to both a Windows 7 Desktop and a Windows XP Laptop - but the drive that shows up just says "Please insert a disc" when double-clicked on.

As the phone did not come with instructions nor an install disc for the PC, what do I need to do to access files on it?

Thanks.

When you plug the phone in, you should get a 'usb' icon in the notification bar of the phone, slide down the notification bar and dick where it says click to mount.

I don't have a cable handy at this computer so I can't tell you the exact wording but that should point you in the right direction.

I don't recall needing a driver disk w/ other android devices for this functionality.

Upvote 0
When you plug the phone in, you should get a 'usb' icon in the notification bar of the phone, slide down the notification bar and dick where it says click to mount.

I don't have a cable handy at this computer so I can't tell you the exact wording but that should point you in the right direction.

I don't recall needing a driver disk w/ other android devices for this functionality.

Like he said you need to mount the sd card. Once you do that it should be listed as a drive and then you'll be able to get everything off of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones