How to upload screensaver/live wallpaper to phone?

Last Updated:

1. AllyOmally

AllyOmally Member This Topic's Starter

Ok its my 1st post and Ive just bought my 1st smart phone... Im amazed and what it can do... And I'm also a COMPLETE IDIOT as to what it can and cannot do!

I have my wallpapers on the desire now no problems there... Now I want to ADD a live wallpaper or screensaver to my phone...
    I do things the simple way I connected my phone to my pc (not sync) waited for autoplay and opened up the sd card and added (by making new folders) my ringtones, pictures, videos and wallpapers all work perfectly... and I'm very happy!

NOW I have my football team gif that I want to run on my phone in the background just like a live wallpaper... I downloaded the gif from a website that said it was a screensaver for my HTC Desire! I cant find the live wallpaper folder at all :confused: (where the built in live wallpapers are) in order to add my gif to it... I made a secound folder and called it live wallpaper 1st and then screensaver and in both cases it does see the file but will only let me add the gif as a wallpaper image and not a moving image/screensaver/live wallpaper.
    Do I need to convert it from a gif to something else...

When you have stopped laughing ;) tell me what I'm doing wrong or even if it is possible!

Many Thanks
    Ive only had my phone three days and Ive learnt so much from these forums I've been on here trying stuff (that I understand) 3-4 hours a day.

Advertisement
  2. Wizo

Wizo Member

Hehehe.

Hi AllyOmally,

I am no expert on Live Wallpapers, But making one is not that easy.
    You cant just set a gif as one.

You may wish to read this: Live Wallpapers | Android Developers

It maybe worth looking on the Market, you never know. The team, may be popular !!!

I know thats not the answer you wanted, But there you go. Good Luck ;)

3. AllyOmally

Ive just read it... and i didnt understand a word of it lol... wow.

So I gotta make one or download it direct from market place...

GULP... Ok np I will give it ago...

If anyone else reads this and you know simply how I can get a gif file on my Desire as a screensaver please feel free to let me know how...

Happy Camping on the forum peeps!

4. AllyOmally

Oh Thank you Wiso!

1 other thing once Ive got/made (lol shhh) my live wallpaper how do I get it on the phone... (yeah I know plug the phone to pc) no what I mean is once Ive done that is there a special place where it goes or do I call the folder a special name or will it just recognise it like it did my pics/vid/walls etc

Cheerio!

5. CaptAwesome

CaptAwesome New Member

Hi there,
    I'm sure you already moved on from this issue, but to close out the topic for future users. There's an app for what you're wanting to do. It's free and can be found in the market. It's called animgifs, and it works great.