How to use 4gSupport

Last Updated:

1. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I enabled 4g in my settings, and I have the 4g sign on my task bar but it's grayed out. Is there a way to set priority, like if 4g is available, use it? I haven't used 4g at all since I bought it.

Just an FYI, I'm in KC.... So I figure there is good 4G reception here with the Sprint world headquarters...

Advertisement
  2. th3j3ster

th3j3ster Active Member

Do you know for certain their is 4G in KC? Don't assume...sprint says there is none in NYC but patches of 4g pop up here and there. If 4g is on, it will periodically look for a 4g connection and connect itself if it can't. If it doesn't connect, it usually means it can't find the 4g.

3. Iczer

I just found a map and it's spotty 4g at my house but good 4g reception at work. We'll see if it gets better someday at my house.

4. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

I'm a Sprint employee and Epic owner/user. Sprint.com/4G has a good coverage map. Check it to make sure you're in a good coverage area. Keep in mind we're upgrading and updating service all the time. So if you're home is on the fringe of coverage today it won't be long before you're fully enveloped. Thanks for being a customer.

5. th3j3ster

th3j3ster Active Member

Czech I hope your right...I get really spotty coverage right outside my house and I'm somewhat worried that sprint isn't going to better the coverage in my area as there are other places around NYC that would be smarter business decisions, and their regular 3g and cell coverage in my area is not terrible, but not great either. We'll see, I really hope I'm wrong, especially since I'm forced to pay 10bucks a month for something I can't really use yet...

6. Iczer

I hope so, I got a small cloud that is spotty at my house, so I don't get 4G reception. I'm not worried at the moment, b/c I have my own internet, but it'd be nice. I'm in North KC, right outside Liberty.

Downtown I get great 4G reception though.