how to use as remote control for TVSupport

1. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

Do we need to download an app? I don't see how to do this. Anyone else using this feature.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Of course you need an app... Go search for remote control in the Playstore and you'll find plethora...
  3. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

I thought that the phone came with an app that I wasn't finding.

Which app are people preferring?
  4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

It comes with an app called WatchOn, but there are others on the market such as Smart Remote
  5. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

As CrimsonPride said, the Samsung's native app it's call WatchOn.

Once you open, you will have all kind TV program interface going on. The app is design to work with your local cable or air broadcast, show you upcoming shows, set reminders etc... Depends on the tv box, you might be even able to sync it together.

The remote is in the upper hand corner. Small icon. Once you touch it, you will go through remote set up. It works very well and you can program few sets for different rooms.
  6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

He didn't ask if he needed to use an app. He asked if he needed to download one.
  7. ThatOneRearEnd

You're a fusspot, aren't you?
    Have you ever thought that not every phone of the same kind has the same applications pre-installed depending on its carrier?
  8. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a Google Edition on Verizon (the OP's carrier). So presumably the phone would have all the Samsung apps. So the proper answer to the question would be to use try the Samsung app, and perhaps mention that there are other apps available.
  9. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Well he has Verizon. And to my Knowledge WatchOn, comes installed on all S4s.
  10. cgfw201

cgfw201 Well-Known Member

WatchOn works a treat for controlling my Sony TV & Sky+HD box
  11. ThatOneRearEnd

Like I said... Fusspots ;)