How to use DROID ACT as a wireless card USING YOUR HOME INTERNET?

Last Updated:

1. DDK997

DDK997 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I have looked around and I can't seem to find this answer.

I currently have com cast high speed internet and my laptop broke yesterday. I now have a desktop and would like to know how to turn the DROID to act as a wireless card so it can connect to my home router using the internet?

THANKS!!

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Why can't you connect your desktop directly to the router? Anyway you will need to connect to your router via wifi with the Droid then use pdanet to connect to your desktop via usb. I don't know if this will work because pdanet is designed to use the cellular network. If you have rooted your Droid then you could use wired tether.

I am guessing your desktop doesn't have wifi cuz if it did you could just connect it to your router that way.

3. randomwyteboy

randomwyteboy Member

PDANet will use the WIFI connection if there is one available, i was out of the country
    about a month ago and used it to connect my computer to Wifi and i got no data roaming charges.

4. chadwick108

chadwick108 Well-Known Member

Randomwyteboy is correct...pdanet uses phone data connection for internet...keep in mind the better wireless signal is going to give you better internet speeds on your desktop. I have accomplished playing halo 3 on Xbox live with very little if any lag if the mobile signal is ideal. Check into PDAnet as it is an excellent application.

5. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Halo 3 on 3G?...or Wifi?

6. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Run a cable. Wifi will never be as fast as a wire, and my Droid has never connected to my wifi as fast as any of the laptops in the house.

7. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Mines plenty fast on wifi. I've gotten 12mbps speedtests before on my phone on wifi.

8. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

My home network is gigabit, so 12Mbps is pretty slow to me. I've never gotten above 2.5Mbps on my phone with any wifi connection.

9. hizza007

hizza007 New Member

hello, i was told that you can somehow use your g1 to connect to the internet on a laptop. Is that right? If so, how do i do it??? can someone help me??

10. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

If you have cable internet at home, either run a cable from the router to your desktop, or buy a USB wifi stick for like $15 on amazon.com or locally.