How to Use Live WallpapersSupport

1. Kamran95

Kamran95 Member

i have HTC Desire V Dual sim, i am unable to find or use live wallpapers on it, kindly help me where can i find these or use them on my mobile ??????? plzzzzzzz plzzzzzzz plzzzzzzz help me

Advertisement
  2. MrCarrot

MrCarrot Well-Known Member

When you go to personalise they left the option off of selecting the Live Wallpapers category. However the Desire C does support Live Wallpapers, there's just no way of getting there. For this reason I spent 4 hours fumbling around learning to write an app which acts as a shortcut to the Live Wallpapers category.

If you would like me to send it you, let me know. It's very small and does the job.

EDIT: You can download the app I wrote here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/livewallpaper/files/

Download the APK file directly to your phone and install it. Let me know how you get on
    tomatopipps and NinjaEagle like this.
  3. NinjaEagle

NinjaEagle New Member

Hello MrCarrot I Have A HTC Desire C And I Really Want To Use A Live Wallpaper. I Have Files But I Need Help Could You Please Tell Me Where To Put Them And How To Then How To Use The Live Wallpapers Please!!!
  4. MrCarrot

MrCarrot Well-Known Member

Hi there,

First of all you need to go to Settings > Security and check "Unknown sources: Allow installation of non-Market apps"

Once you have done this, download the APK file I made here: Download LiveWallpaperFix from SourceForge.net

You can download it directly to your phone, or to your computer and then transfer it via email or a cable. Once it's on your phone you will need to select the file and hit "Install"

Once done you should have a yellow flower icon called "Live Wallpapers" in your app drawer.

Please note this app doesn't enable Live Wallpapers - they are already enabled and supported by your handset. All it does it provide a shortcut to the Live Wallpaper selection screen which HTC omitted.
    tomatopipps likes this.
  5. holysmokinkitt

holysmokinkitt New Member

Thank you soo much this was a big help
  6. tomatopipps

tomatopipps New Member

That app was very helpful, but how can I remove live wallpapers I don't want?
    My phone is a Desire C, by the way.
  7. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello tomatopipps and welcome to Android Forums. The easiest way to remove a file such as a live wallpaper is to use a local file manager. Many free file managers can be found at the play store. Personally I use Astro. It's not likely any better than the others that can be downloaded however. Just peruse to the folder where the live wallpapers reside and remove the ones that you don't want.

This being said, there is no harm in just keeping the ones you aren't using. They don't take up much space and zero resources if not being used.

Thanks again for joining and using these forums. I hope you enjoy your time here and can gain from the experience of our user base.
  8. jamkini

jamkini New Member

Thanks for the Link... was struggling with my New HTC Desire X to get "Live Wallpapers" Option.