• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to use Skype or Vonage??

I just installed Sipdroid (in the Market) and have it working with my Vonage "Softphone" account. I just need to get it working with my line that's servicing my house. Softphone has unlimited incoming but only 500 outgoing minues. Its working via WiFi and 3G, but calls to some cell phones not working. I can call my AT&T cell phone, but not my girl's, who is on the same plan. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Google Talk, as in the IM client that does calls, or did you mean Google Voice?

He meant Google Voice but that app uses calls to go through voice so it doesn't help. Actually if you don't have Google voice number programmed as as a friends and family number (or some way to make it free) then calling other cell phones on the VZW network via google voice will end up using minutes where as simply calling them direct wouldn't use your minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones