• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to use WiFi and not mobile?

New phone today (samsung galaxy apollo, O2) - finished my SATS and really looking forward to downloading some apps and playing BUT :(
there's no mobile signal at home, and I can't access the market on WiFi (which does seem to connected)

Mum's on the computer - I've bought the phone for apps rather than texts / calls, and I'm on a pay as you go, so we want to use WiFi more than the mobile network.

Previous links seem to refer to getting APNs set up, but I don't want to get the mobile signal working, I want to connect to the market (and use the apps) on WiFi.

Help, please? I've been looking forward to this phone for AGES, and worked really hard on SATS this week, and it's not really doing what I want.

New phone today (samsung galaxy apollo, O2) - finished my SATS and really looking forward to downloading some apps and playing BUT :(
there's no mobile signal at home, and I can't access the market on WiFi (which does seem to connected)

Mum's on the computer - I've bought the phone for apps rather than texts / calls, and I'm on a pay as you go, so we want to use WiFi more than the mobile network.

Previous links seem to refer to getting APNs set up, but I don't want to get the mobile signal working, I want to connect to the market (and use the apps) on WiFi.

Help, please? I've been looking forward to this phone for AGES, and worked really hard on SATS this week, and it's not really doing what I want.

Are you sure the wifi is working and are you sure your device is properly connected to the wifi point. I would turn the phone off for a minute or two, then turn it back on.

See if that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones