• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to view MMS messages while using Wifi on Metro PCS?

dportal2006

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2011
I am currently using a ZTE Zmax from Metro PCS using the factory settings that came with the phone. However, i have noticed that i can only send and receive MMS messages like pictures when i am using 4G LTE. When i am connected to Wifi the texting application simply tells me that the message could not be downloaded. This is a problem because it doesn't let me retrieve the message even after i turn on the 4G back on. When this happens i need to turn on 4G and tell the person to resend the message again. It gets annoying. I am currently using MYSMS as texting application. Not sure if this has something to do with it. I have had a similar experience with the stock messaging application. Could it be a problem with the APN settings?

the first time that i tried to send a picture in a text with my metropcs lg g stylo i was on wifi and it wouldnt go through...i switched to data and it went through with no problem...then i switched back to wifi and tried to send another picture message and it worked and has been fine ever since (works on wifi or data now)

im just using the stock messaging app btw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones