how to view/open files on SD card?General

Last Updated:

1. dandroideris

dandroideris Member

I transfered some files/folders from pc to eris but i cant figure out how to open/view them

2. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Member

Do you mean on the PC or on the Eris?

On the PC:
    Connect the USB cable, mount the USB drive via the Eris drop down bar menu, on the PC you should now be able to browse to any of the directories on the Compact Flash card (but not the main memory).

On the Eris, download/install a file browser app. I'm using ASTRO and FileDroidPro. Some files won't open as they may not have an app associated with it.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to download an app called ASTRO File. It allows you to view the contents of various folders on your SD card.
    Without an additional app, you can see your music through the music player and pics and video through the albums
    williamkirsch likes this.
  4. dandroideris

dandroideris Member

on the eris
    so you have too get an app for that? wow.... they dropped the ball on that one....kinda like Windows without explore...

did you try changing file ext.?

thanks keith
  5. dandroideris

dandroideris Member

I see the pics (doesnt say on "SD card") though..... cant find videos (wmp and realp) format

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

The default music player will find .mp3 files wherever you put them on the SD card. (I was initially confused because I couldn't find any info in the Users' Guide about where I was supposed to put them... but then I just gave up and put them in their own folder, and the music player found them.) I'm not sure if it knows about Microsoft or Real media formats though (for instance .wmp) - maybe that is the trouble.

Find a .mp3 file and place it in the same folder on the SD card and see if the music player can find it.

7. dandroideris

dandroideris Member

I dont have any mp3s on my the only one on earth who dosent)

antways,,,, i have some itunes songs backed up on a cd but they are mp4s and i could not open them..... any suggestions?

thank you
  8. dandroideris

dandroideris Member

how can i play the following files on eris?

.avi (home video)

9. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Member

Per the manual, the music format supported are: MP3, AAC(AAC, AAC+, AAC-LC), AMR-NB, WAV, MIDI and Windows Media Audio 9. Almost all of my music is ripped from CD via Windows into MP3 format. You may need to find a MP4 to MP3 convertor...