• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to view/open files on SD card?

Do you mean on the PC or on the Eris?

On the PC:
Connect the USB cable, mount the USB drive via the Eris drop down bar menu, on the PC you should now be able to browse to any of the directories on the Compact Flash card (but not the main memory).

On the Eris, download/install a file browser app. I'm using ASTRO and FileDroidPro. Some files won't open as they may not have an app associated with it.

HTH

Upvote 0
Do you mean on the PC or on the Eris?

On the PC:
Connect the USB cable, mount the USB drive via the Eris drop down bar menu, on the PC you should now be able to browse to any of the directories on the Compact Flash card (but not the main memory).

On the Eris, download/install a file browser app. I'm using ASTRO and FileDroidPro. Some files won't open as they may not have an app associated with it.

HTH
on the eris
so you have too get an app for that? wow.... they dropped the ball on that one....kinda like Windows without explore...

did you try changing file ext.?

thanks keith

Upvote 0
Your best bet is to download an app called ASTRO File. It allows you to view the contents of various folders on your SD card.
Without an additional app, you can see your music through the music player and pics and video through the albums
I see the pics (doesnt say on "SD card") though..... cant find videos (wmp and realp) format

thanks

Upvote 0
I see the pics (doesnt say on "SD card") though..... cant find videos (wmp and realp) format

thanks

The default music player will find .mp3 files wherever you put them on the SD card. (I was initially confused because I couldn't find any info in the Users' Guide about where I was supposed to put them... but then I just gave up and put them in their own folder, and the music player found them.) I'm not sure if it knows about Microsoft or Real media formats though (for instance .wmp) - maybe that is the trouble.

Find a .mp3 file and place it in the same folder on the SD card and see if the music player can find it.

eu1

Upvote 0
The default music player will find .mp3 files wherever you put them on the SD card. (I was initially confused because I couldn't find any info in the Users' Guide about where I was supposed to put them... but then I just gave up and put them in their own folder, and the music player found them.) I'm not sure if it knows about Microsoft or Real media formats though (for instance .wmp) - maybe that is the trouble.

Find a .mp3 file and place it in the same folder on the SD card and see if the music player can find it.

eu1
I dont have any mp3s on my pc...lol..(probably the only one on earth who dosent)

antways,,,, i have some itunes songs backed up on a cd but they are mp4s and i could not open them..... any suggestions?

thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones