how to view sent/deleted text messagesSupport

Last Updated: 2010-08-20 20:02:55
  1. mybadodge

mybadodge Member

How do I view sent/deleted text messages after i've removed the conversation from the "inbox"?

Advertisement
  2. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Long press message
    Choose Delete
  3. mybadodge

mybadodge Member

umm..i don't want to delete the message. i want to view previously deleted ones. apparently not possible which sucks but thanks anyway though
  4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I certainly don't want my deleted messages coming back to haunt me :)
  5. erekkahl

erekkahl New Member

on mine if i go to the phone contacts list and select a contact, then scroll the screen to the right, it shows all messages even if ive deleted them out of the text message app. I want to delete them completely and the only way i know of is to delete the whole contact, which i do not want to do. Hope you find your old conv... and hope someone can tell me how to delete these messages
    samantha youckton and agill13 like this.
  6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

sounds like tiger woods, all over again. :)
  7. bigbadwulff

Poor poor Tiger ;)
  8. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

The point of deleting them is that they're gone! lol Once you remove them, you have deleted them, they're gone.

This is for now the only way you'll be able to see the deleted messages. This is actually a bug though and will be fixed in a software update. People don't want a history of their deleted messages on their phone.
  9. bigbadwulff

Yup. Deleted messages are in there. Unbelievable!!!

FYI: Make sure you slide to the right in the open field below the contact.

Gonna start a new thread that gets this message out better.
    samantha youckton likes this.
  10. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Yeah I found this out the hard way... the only way to get rid of each line is to delete "that" contact, then it removes it. I just tried with the 2.2 update and it is fixed, but all my old ones are still there. It was like having a "deleted" folder... no sense atall.