1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How to view your files on your SD card

Last Updated:

1. saint84

saint84 Member

This is probably something really simple but I'm curious how to view the files on your SD card from the phone. I had a PDF file on mine that I wanted to delete but I didn't want to format the entire card.... I know I'm probably being a knuckle head but I just can't figure it out.
    Thanks everyone
    Saint

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Astro from the Market makes it really easy to check your SD card.

OR... you can hook the the phone up to a computer and view the card.
  3. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

Hook your phone up to your PC drop down your notification bar click on usb and select mount. Your PC should have a prompt to ask what you want to do with the file. Choose open folder to view files.
  4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Androzip is another good app to use if you can't get you phone to sync with your computer.
  5. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

I find it easiest to just treat it like a extra harddrive or usb storage device. Hook to pc do all arranging there.

To simplify things I got automount from market. Looks like a glowing cactus. Install check one box just once. Automounts everytime for you.
  6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

My phone still won't mount to my computer. I think it's a problem with the computer. it's ancient and running windows 2000, thanks for the automount app though, it should help when I get a new PC!
  7. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

When you install automount did you check the one box to tell it to automount? I missed it first time caught it second time I downloaded it.
  8. saint84

saint84 Member

Thanks guys/gals, I just downloaded ASTRO and it's awesome, not sure why they wouldn't have had something like this pre installed on here already though.

Thanks a Mill guys
  9. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I did click it. Just went to HTC.com to try to download the sync directly from them and it told me I need Windows XP or better. Guess for now I'll stick to using Androzip and doing it all on the phone itself.
  10. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought!!! I went to 3 Sprint stores and none of them could help me, I finally found this site and still had to ask around a bit before I could figure out how to do it.