How to watch a video

Last Updated:

1. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, 2nd day with this great phone. I have loaded a video onto it with no problem [into the media folder] but how do I watch it? Is there a video player on here, if so where?

Is there a file manager? If so where? If not, can I get one?

Advertisement
  2. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

only way I saw a video (one I had taken) was to go into photo's and the video was sitting in there.

Havent tried to put on from my pc on yet, but I hope thats in the same location

3. madhatter1689

okay, got it sorted.

4. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

Can you tell us how, because I can't see a video player on mine?

5. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

I didn't find a built in video app so i downloaded one from the App store simply called "video player".

The Desire way seems to go into Photo's then they show up in there but I find having "Video Player" app is quicker and easier.

6. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, all my videos are in.avi, which I believe the Desire doesn't support. Does anyone know if there's any way to play them, now or in the future?

7. Lars PA

Lars PA Member

I usually convert my videos to MP4 with Handbrake (with Video Codec = FFmpeg). Works fine and takes just a few minutes (5 min for 50 min TV episode) . To get to my videos fast I use VideoBox, wich shows all videos on the SD-card and opens them with the built in video player when you click on them. Ugly as hell, though.

Easy as pie.

8. madhatter1689

I converted an avi file using iWisoft Video converter [google it] and then transfered ito the phone. I also downloaded Stream Media Player from the market to watch it. Worked very well.

9. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

I tend to use Videora (Free and very simple interface I think) and convert to mp4 - Play just great. Once they release divx support you will probably be able to play the avi files as is.

As to the video player, just go to Photos and you will see a section called videos in there. Just click on any video and it will launch it and play. (It would have been less confsuing to have a Video only shortcut though)

Regards
    Ken.................

10. Stoo

Stoo Well-Known Member

hi, i figured this out just last nite, i used aimersoft video converter as it has a convert setting for htc handsets, altho not the desire as of yet, so i converted it to nexus one settings, plugged my phone into laptop to access the sd card then opened the DCIM folder, created a new folder VIDEOS and put my converted movie into this. now go to photos on the desire handset and there was my video folder with the movie!! only issue i have is that it doesnt fill the whole screen but only by a few mm :D hope this helps......