How to wifi tether ?

Last Updated:

1. azdawg

azdawg Member

Hi all.... My sister in-law would like to tether her Stratosphere to her Kindle Fire. Can this be done and if so, what are the steps to achieve it?? Thanks for any help...

Advertisement
  2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

azdawg likes this.
  3. azdawg

azdawg Member

Thank you.... that apk also works on my D3.... :) I will root her phone and try it when I can..... Thanks again
  4. KnightCrusader

KnightCrusader Well-Known Member

You are talking about the evil T-word, the gods of android forums is going to come down and punish you... lol
  5. buffaloquinn

buffaloquinn Member

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

azdawg and Frisco like this.
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

SolidOrange likes this.
  8. KnightCrusader

KnightCrusader Well-Known Member

Well slap my bum and call me pappy, I didn't know they lifted it. I thought it was kind of silly in the first place since not all carriers ban it. It's not like its against the law or anything. In fact its against the law to stop us from using it if we are using 4G over the 700Mhz spectrum per the FCC.
    Frisco and SolidOrange like this.
  9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Alright, that does it... I sense a new sig comming on.

:D
  10. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

There's a new up-and-coming tethering app called FoxFi. It's available in the Android Market and works on the Stratosphere. It has some issues at the moment (it causes the status bar to force close!) but as far as I can tell it does not require rooting, and will broadcast a wifi network in infrastructure mode!
  11. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Has something changed with FoxFi?

I can connect to it with other devices (including my laptop), but none of them actually get internet access.

With Wireless Tether for Root Users, I get errors when starting up, when I choose Fascinate, and/or Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE.

Anyone have this working, currently? On EI2, rooted.
  12. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I just recently installed FoxFi and was able to surf the web using my tablet without issues. I haven't tried connecting my netbook yet but will to see how it works.

My phone is not rooted.

Thnx.