• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to wipe battery stats

Hold VOL-DOWN while pressing POWER will take you to the bootloader. Use the VOL keys to move up/down in the menu, select RECOVERY and press POWER to select. The handset will reboot into recovery mode.

This assumes that you have flashed the ClockworkMod recovery during the rooting process. If not then install ROM Manager (the free version is fine) from the Market and do so before proceeding.

Upvote 0
Do I have to download any recovery ROM image or is one already included with the ROM manager?

No, it's part of ROM Manager. No additional download is required.

Also can I assume it's a temporary ROM, i.e. I'll still get back my original stock HTC Sense ROM once I reboot?

Correct. The new recovery merely replaces the stock one so that it's always available. The currently-installed ROM itself isn't affected.

Reactions: galapogos
Upvote 0
Open ROM Manager; the first item in the 'menu' will be "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Select that and when it's completed choose the one labelled "Reboot into recovery" or similar. Once at the recovery menu select "advanced" then "Wipe battery stats".

I have done this but I don't get the advanced menu option in after I boot into recovery mode

I'd suggest that the CWM recovery hasn't flashed. Open ROM Manager and check that it has a current recovery listed under "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones