How to write a ROM

Last Updated:

1. lay6

lay6 Member This Topic's Starter

Where do I start in writing a rom?

I have no android application experience.

I have some java experience, flash, basic, card programming...

I use to write code for DTV cards which required a great deal of cloaking in hex.

I am not the best at programming, but I can teach myself by looking at working versions. I just have no idea where to start. Is there a source code section anywhere?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

3. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

4. ethanbrand1155

ethanbrand1155 New Member

Hey guys. I'm Ryan. I just recently got the bug too. I have literally no experience with the language though. I am self taught on the windows platform, but not actually code. I am really trying hare to make sense if how this all works. I understand mathmaticalformulas determining a code and command, that is not a logical stretch for me. But this stuff makes no sense to me yet. I have bricked my lg motion so many times in the last two days. lucky for me, I dont get discouraged easily. and i can follow directions, but is there a android programming for dummies or something? seriously. I need to understand the basic concepts of what you guys do. then I can start to see it. Thanks guys. and also, is there a rom out there for my lg that wont take me an hour to undo?: )