• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Write Yourself Out Of A Show

^^^ The article I'd read indicated a writer, and this article, linked in your article, also says it was a writer and names him, Virgil Williams. No matter, these kinds of details will shake out in the end.

Regardless, it's not the kind of reputation one wants in Hollywood. Bad enough just to be said to be difficult to work with, but when you're physically assaulting someone, that's kind of over-the-top. ;)

It will be interesting to see if they do something dramatic with his exit.

I didn't see that update (from next day it appears)
Apparently this goes back for him all the way to Dharma & Greg. Dude definitely has a few issues... What a turd

Upvote 0
Not sure how they will replace him, such a huge part of the show. May have to find something else to watch after he's gone.
Really though, you just can't go having hissy fits and kick your co-workers. Although I'd like to sometimes...

We should get that written into union contracts, "ability to kick co-workers (when they really really deserve it)"

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Unfamiliar with this story, but immediately brought to mind an expression which became a standard, go-to punchline in our shop.

Don't know the "reach" of MST3K outside of America, but I thought it was hilarious, particularly the early Joel Hodgson years. In one episode, he and the robots were riffing on some wretched sci-fi / space travel "B"-movie, "starring" a very young Gene Hackman. As the Hackman character reaches for an overhead console and flips a toggle switch, the (Tom Servo?) character snidely remarked..........

"Roger, Houston................. career to off.":D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones